To be honest, it was never in the plans to write up a post for this everthing bagel roasted haricot verts recipe. It was a quick and easy side that I made from time to time….When suddenly I started making it all the time. It was just so good, and we really enjoyed it. Soon my inbox was flying with messages from people asking where they can find the recipe and the details. That’s when I knew it must have a more permanent home on the blog. It’s really easy, and oh so addictive!!!
- Haricot vert– It does not come out the same with regular string beans. I strongly suggest using the thin long green beans known as haricot verts. The texture is soft and the cooking time is quick. If you don’t have this type, you can definitely make them with regular ones, but you’ve been warned! They are not the same.
- Everything but the bagel seasoning – A lot of brands make this mixture, but I love Trader Joe’s brand. I like the large pieces and delicious balance of flavor
- Olive oil– Okay okay for this I won’t be so picky.. any brand is good!!!
Just keep in mind, when making a dish that has so few ingredients, it’s key that the ingredients are a: the correct ones the recipe calls for and b: use good quality stuff.
How to make everything bagel roasted haricot verts
- Start by heating up your oven to 425 F. Then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the green beans on to the sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with the everything but the bagel spice and toss to mix well.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until they start to crisp.
That’s it! It really is one of the most easiest side dishes you could every make. With Rosh Hashanah and Sukkos on the way, we all can use some more good side dishes to round out the meal.
These are best eaten fresh, straight out of the oven. If your making them in advance, store them in an airtight container or foil pan with a cover for 3-5 days.
I like to take these out of the fridge about an hour or so before the meal to let them get to room temperature. To serve warm, heat on 200F until they are just warmed through.
What to serve them with
Everything Bagel Roasted Haricot Vert
- 12 oz haricot vert
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp everything but the bagel spice
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the green beans on to the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle over the seasoning and mix well.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, until some of the beans start get crispy.
Did you try this recipe?
I’d love to hear your feedback below!! Also feel free to let me know if you would like more easy recipes like these.
Until next time,