Lag BaOmer is coming up! It’s a joyous day on the Jewish calendar that is celebrated with bonfires and time spent outdoors, often including a BBQ. That’s where these skillet brownie smores come in. It’s a quick and delicious non-dairy dessert that is perfect to end any BBQ this season!
Ingredients you’ll need
- Fudgy brownie mix: any brand of your favorite brownie mix will do! Follow the instructions on the back of the box to turn it into a fudgier brownie.
- Chocolate chips or chunks: To add a little more chocolatey goodness!
- Marshmallows: I chose to use two different sizes for aesthetics, but any size will do just fine!
- Honey graham crackers: The perfect dipping utensil to eat the S’mores with!
How to make skillet brownie s’mores
- Start by following the directions on the back of the box for a fudgy brownie.
- Pour the batter into a 8″-9″ cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the brownie and bake according to package directions for a 9″ pan.
- Remove the baked brownie from the oven and top with marshmallows.
- Broil the marshmallows for 2-3 minutes. Watch it carefully!
- Enjoy with graham crackers.
- Top the S’mores pie with chocolate sauce just before serving.
- For a peanut butter version, spread creamy peanut butter on the brownie before adding the marshmallows.
Prepare the dessert ahead of time by baking the brownie. Top with the marshmallows and broil just before serving.
More summer time recipes
Did you make this recipe?
If you tried this skillet brownie s’mores recipe, please leave a comment below. I’d LOVE to hear what you think of the recipe, it means a lot to me!
Skillet Brownie S’mores
- Cast iron skillet
- 1 box fudgy brownie mix including ingredients for the mix
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 heaping cup assorted marshmallow sizes
- 1 package graham crackers, for serving
- Prepare and bake the brownies according to package directions. If the mix you are using has a fudgier brownie version, make that one!
- Pour the brownie batter into 8" 9" cast iron skillet. Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake according to package directions for a 9" pan. (Generally 25-30 minutes)
- Remove the brownie from the oven and top with marshmallows.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, until the marshmallows are charred.
- Serve with graham crackers for dipping.
Until next time,
This post contains affiliate links which means if you purchase something off those links, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Just one of the ways I make money from my blog. Thanks for your support!