I can't believe it's already Spring! The trees are blooming and the really warm sweaters are tucked away. Grilling season has arrived! These grilled wings with mango BBQ sauce will knock your socks off. Not because they are spicy, but because they are TOO GOOD. It's a recipe you'll want to keep in your back pocket all summer long!!
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
For the dry rub:
- Brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- Onion powder
- Granulated garlic or garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Smoked paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the mango BBQ sauce:
- A ripe fresh mango or 1 cup defrosted frozen mango
- Your favorite brand of original BBQ sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED WINGS WITH MANGO BBQ SAUCE
- Start by combining the spice rub ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the wings to the rub, and toss them in the rub until they are well coated on all sides.
- Place them on a preheated outdoor grill.
- While they are grilling, pulse together the sauce ingredients in a blender.
- Every 5 minutes or so, brush the wings with the mango bbq sauce then flip them and brush the other side.
- Grill for a total of 18-20 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the grill and baste them with the sauce again.
- Serve warm with fresh cilantro if desired.
What to use in place of wings
You can substitute the wings for any bone in chicken, just remember to adjust the cooking time.
Making it in advance
Both the spice rub and sauce can be made in advance! Store the dry rub in an airtight container in a cool dark place or in the fridge for up to 6 months. The BBQ sauce can be blended and refrigerated for up to 10 days.
Did you try this grilled wings with mango bbq sauce recipe?
If you tried this dry rub wings with mango BBQ sauce recipe, please leave a comment below. I'd LOVE to hear what you think of the recipe, it means alot to me!
Grilled Wings with Mango BBQ Sauce
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
MANGO BBQ SAUCE
- 1 medium-large mango, cut into a large dice or 1 cup defrosted frozen mango
- ¼ cup your favorite original bbq sauce
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Combine the spice rub in a large bowl. Toss the wings in the rub, until they are evenly coated on all sides.
- Heat a grill to about 350 F.
- Place the wings on the grill.
- While the wings are cooking, pulse together the sauce ingredients. Set aside a little for dipping if desired.
- Every 5 minutes or so, brush the wings with the mango bbq sauce then flip them and brush the other side. Grill for a total of 18-20 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the grill and baste them with the sauce again. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve warm with the remaining sauce for dipping.
MORE BBQ RECIPES
UNTIL NEXT TIME,