It's scorching hot right now on the East Coast. If you know me well enough, you'll know I LOVE drinks. Coffee, iced tea, hot chocolate, wine, cocktails...anything! So naturally I'm looking for a good drink to cool down with. Lemonana- frozen mint lemonade, is the perfect refreshing drink. Get your mint leaves ready baby.
What is a lemonana
Limonana is a beverage made with fresh mint and lemons. It is most commonly served in many Middle Eastern countries such as Israel. It's perfect on it's own or especially delicious when paired with middle eastern food like falafel.
What ingredients do I need to make lemonana-frozen mint lemonade?
- Mint leaves- fresh mint leaves are the only way to go in my opinion. Any other version, made with mint syrup or something along those lines, is just not the same.
- Water + Ice
- Fresh lemon juice- Fresh lemons are also a must! In a drink with so few ingredients, having the right ones is key. Fresh lemons are one of my grocery staples.
- Sugar - You can use a little less if you prefer your drink more on the tart side.
How to make it:
Dump it all into the blender and blend until it's a delicious slushy consistency. Pour into a glass and decorate with a fresh mint sprig and/or a slice of lemon. Enjoy immediately!
How to take your lemonana-frozen mint lemonade to the next level
Add a splash of your favorite spirit like tequila, vodka, or gin. It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
Make it ahead of time:
If you wanted to make this in advance, blend everything together aside from the ice. Just before serving blend it with ice.
More refreshing drinks
Lemonana- Frozen Mint Lemonade
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice 4-5 lemons
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 ½ cups ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Pulse until everything is well incorporated and slushy.
- Pour into 4 glasses and garnish with lemon slices and or mint sprigs.
I love to hear what you think of my recipes!! If you've tried this recipe or have any questions or comments, please leave them in the comments box below!