It’s official, the hot weather is here to stay! It’s actually been very hot for over a week now, without even a drop of rain. The other day, I got a big iced tea at the Starbucks drive thru. It was so refreshing, it prompted me to buy a box of passion tea, and make a batch of my favorite iced passion tea lemonade!
What is the iced passion tea lemonade drink?
- Tazo passion tea- Passion tea by Tazo, is a delicious and refreshing blend of hibiscus, passion fruit, orange peel and rose hips. They all come together in this uniquely tropical flavored tea, that is absolutely divine on it’s own or when you mix it with:
- Lemonade- Anything will do. You can buy a bottle, make your own, or put together a powdered mix. If you’re lemonade is already sweetened, the drink should be perfectly balanced. If you feel it needs more sweetness, feel free to add some simple syrup.
- Simple Syrup- An equal mixture of sugar and water heated over a flame until the sugar dissolves in the water. It’s great for any drinks, including cocktails. Feel free to make a bigger batch and store it for later use.
How to make the iced tea:
- Start by brewing the tea bags in hot water for 15 minutes. The recommended amount is 1 tea bag per 8 oz of hot water.
- Cool the brewed tea in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Mix the brewed tea with the lemonade of your choice and serve over a glass of ice.
Storing the iced tea:
You can make it in a big pitcher and store it in the fridge, serving over ice as desired. The iced tea stays fresh for a coupe of days.
On the go
I love to take this drink on the go with me, and I keep it in these acrylic cups.
More drink recipes:
Iced Passion Tea Lemonade
- 4 bags Tazo Passion Tea
- 32 oz boiling water
- 8 oz lemonade
- 4 tsp simple syrup (if desired)
- ice for serving
- Steep the tea bags in the boiling water for 15 minutes. Remove the tea bags and refrigerate the tea for at least 1 hour.
- Mix the brewed tea with the lemonade in a pitcher.
- Store in the fridge and serve over ice, as desired.
If you made this recipe, please feel free to leave some feedback below, I love hearing from you!!
Until next time,