If you know me from Instagram, you'll know I love a good cocktail. I have a bar cart stocked with the basics, plus a couple cocktail making tools so I can whip up something when the craving hits. I know not everyone has a selection of bar equipment or cocktail ingredients. That's why I'm sharing 3 easy summer cocktails recipes that anyone can make!
Do I need any equipment?
Two of the cocktails require a blender in order to get that slushy delicious texture.
What kind of alcohol do I need?
I've included 3 recipes that use different spirits. If your not sure what you like, buy mini bottles and try all 3! Once you have a favorite, invest in a good sized bottle.
2 of the recipes call for simple syrup. It's a mixture of equal parts water and sugar, that's heated until the sugar dissolves. It adds sweetness to a drink without adding texture. Feel free to make a larger batch (example 1 cup sugar to 1 cup water) and store in a squeeze bottle for multiple uses. You can also use simple syrup to sweeten coffee!
1. Mango Margarita on the rocks
This cocktail combines the classic flavors of chili, lime and mango in a refreshing cocktail.
Mango Margarita on the Rocks
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango cubes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz orange liqueur
- 1 pz fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- chili lime seasoning or chili powder for the rim
- lime slices for garnish
- Combine mango, orange juice, tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and simple syrup in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the chili lime seasoning on to a small plate. Rub a lime wedge over the rims of the glasses then dip into the seasoning. Fill the glass with ice and pour in the margarita. Garnish with a slice of lime.
2. Strawberry Daquiri
This is one of my favorite vacation drinks! It's perfect for poolside.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 3 tablespoon rum
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Pour all the ingredients into a blender and mix. Pour into glasses and garnish with a lime wedge.
3. Pineapple Moscow Mule
A classic Moscow mule is made with 3 ingredients. We're giving it a fruity twist with the addition of pineapple juice for a tropical vibe.
Pineapple Moscow Mule
- 4 oz pineapple juice
- 4 oz vodka
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- ginger beer
- lime wedge for garnish
- mint for garnish
- ice for serving
Pitcher size (serves 8)
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups vodka
- 4 oz fresh lime juice juice of approx. 4 limes
- ginger beer approx. 24 oz, depends on size of pitcher
- Pour vodka, pineapple juice and lime juice into ice filled glasses or copper mugs.
- Top with ginger beer and garnish with a lime wedge and fresh mint leaves.
Looking for a MOCKTAIL?
Try this Strawberry Basil Lemonade! It's refreshing and perfect for summer.
Pair these drinks with a fresh summer dinner:
Have you tried any of these 3 easy summer cocktails? Please leave your feedback below, I'd love to hear from you!
Until next time,