The great thing about a peanut cold noodle salad, is that it’s good for so many occasions. A BBQ side dish, a Shabbos day salad, a dinner paired with grilled chicken… It’s just one of those salads you want to keep in your back pocket, and make over and over again!
Here’s what you need to make the salad
- Spaghetti noodles: Cooked according to package directions. Feel free to substitute with another long pasta of your choice like soba (buckwheat) noodles.
- Shredded purple cabbage
- Shredded carrots
- Roasted Peanuts: Chopped for added flavor and crunch
- Creamy Peanut Butter Dressing: A delicious combination of creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, garlic, fresh ginger, and sesame oil.
How to make the salad:
- 1. Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set side.
- 2. Toss the cooked noodles with the shredded cabbage, carrots, and 3/4 of the scallions and peanuts.
- 3. Mix in the dressing and toss well to coat.
- 4. Top with the remaining scallions and peanuts.
Make the dressing and store in an airtight container in the fridge. To prepare the noodles in advance, toss cooked noodles with a little olive oil until they are well coated. Store in a zip lock bag in the fridge.
Reserve a little bit of the dressing and use it to marinate 2 chicken cutlets. Grill them and serve sliced on top of the salad for a complete meal.
More summer salad recipes
Did you make this recipe?
If you tried this peanut cold noodle salad recipe, please leave a comment below. I’d LOVE to hear what you think of the recipe, it means a lot to me! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave that below as well!
Peanut Cold Noodle Salad
Creamy Peanut Butter Dressing
- 1/4 c + 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles cooked according to package directions
- 4 oz shredded red cabbage
- 4 oz shredded carrots
- 2 scallions, sliced into pieces white and light green parts only
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts roughly chopped
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Toss noodles with dressing, red cabbage, shredded carrots, and most of the scallions and peanuts.
- Top with remaining scallions and peanuts.
Until next time,