This beef and broccoli with ramen recipe has been a dinner staple for so long, I’ve never actually thought to share it! Which is silly considering we’re all ALWAYS looking for another yummy dinner idea to add to our rotations.
It definitely takes a couple pots and a pan to whip this up, but once you get the hang of it all, it’ll go so fast. I like to use minute steak for my beef component. Thinly slice it and then cut into bite sized pieces. I find it to be more tender then using what butchers call “pepper steak”. Minute steak is slightly more expensive, so feel free to use the pepper steak if you’d like.
I start off by marinating it in soy sauce and rice vinegar, which helps tenderize the meat.
While the meat is marinating, I get two pots of boiling water ready to go for the ramen and broccoli and whip up the sauce. While the ramen and broccoli cook, I brown the beef in a skillet, then add the sauce.
When that’s done, I simply toss in the broccoli and ramen noodles. Of course you can skip the ramen noodles if you don’t want to use them and simply serve this over rice.
I would have loved to garnish this all with sesame seeds, but I didn’t have any left and we’re trying not to go out unless its entirely necessary.
Beef and Broccoli Ramen
Beef and broccoli:
- 1 lb minute steak sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 packet ramen noodles
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 batch sauce (see below)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds for garnish optional
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1-3 tsp sriracha optional
- Combine the sliced beef, soy sauce, and rice vinegar in a bowl to marinate. Set aside.
- Heat up two pots with boiling water, one for the ramen and one for the broccoli.
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together. Heat 1 tsp oil up in a skillet and cook the meat until browned. While the meat is browning, cook the broccoli and ramen noodles for 3 minutes in their respective pots. Strain and set aside.
- Add the sauce to the beef and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until it thickens. Add in the broccoli and ramen and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
Viola. Dinner is done. I hope you enjoy this comforting dinner around the table with your loved ones. We’re all going through so much right now, it’s important to focus on the little things we might usually take for granted.
I wish everyone emotional strength and good health. This too shall pass. I feel so grateful to have this platform where we can connect and bond over delicious food.
Don’t forget to tag me with your cooks and bakes on insta.
Until next time,