Move over brownies! JK, brownies are very important, but it's equally as important to have a couple batches of REALLY good blondie bars to balance out the Pesach baking. Enter these Gluten Free Blondie Bars. They are simple to make, and taste amazing. I mean, I've tasted quite a few batches of these, so I would know!
What are blondies?
Blondies are like brownies, sans chocolate because they are made without cocoa. Instead, they have a rich vanilla flavor. They have the gooeyness of a brownie, but taste more like a vanilla cookie. Need I say more?!
Here's what you need:
Almond Flour: Use super fine almond flour, not almond meal. Almond flour is made from blanched almonds which means the skin is removed, then ground.
White Chocolate Chips: Technically, they are optional. They do add a really delicious touch though, and I would highly recommend them!
Vanilla: A good quality vanilla extract is you best option since these are so vanilla forward. Try not to use the imitation stuff. It'll still be delicious if you do, but good quality extract will take these to the next level.
How to make these blondies:
- Combine the brown sugar, sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Sift together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the almond flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix to incorporate. No need to overmix here, just mix them together.
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the white chocolate chips over the batter.
- Bake 22-25 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool before slicing into bars.
How to store blondies
Store blondies in an airtight covered container for up to 3 days on the counter. They also freeze amazingly!
More Pesach Recipes
Did you try this recipe?
If you tried this gluten free blondie bars recipe, please leave a comment below. I'd LOVE to hear what you think of the recipe, it means alot to me!
Gluten Free Blondie Bars
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp neutral oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
- In a smaller bowl, sift together the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the batter.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Let the bars cool completely before slicing.
Until next time,