Simanim Salad for Rosh Hashanah
The perfect salad for your simanim leftovers.
- 1 box checked kale or mixed greens
- 2 medium cooked beets, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash cubes may sub for roasted pumpkin or any other gourd
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Silan & Tahini dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup silan (date honey)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Preheat oven to 425 F. Toss the pepitas together with the seasonings in a small bowl. Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Watch them carefully so that they don't burn.
While the seeds are roasting, whisk the dressing ingredients together.
Remove the pepitas from the oven and set aside to cool. Toss the dressing with the kale and remaining ingredients. Add in the cooled pepitas and serve.