Who has a hard time resisting a bite of cookie dough when your making cookies? My daughter does. She’s totally inherited my husband’s sweet tooth. I always joke with her with a line from a song, “You can’t make cookies if you eat all the cookie dough!” So true. Unless you are making this edible funfetti cookie dough…
What do you need to make edible cookie dough?
Basically the same ingredients you would need to make regular funfetti dough, minus the egg + a heat treatment to the flour (we’ll get into that in a moment)
Heat treating the flour:
The first step is to preheat your oven and bake the flour for 5 minutes. The purpose of heat treating the flour, is to remove any unwanted bacteria left lingering in the flour. It’s a simple process that helps make it possible to eat “raw” cookie dough.
How to make edible cookie dough
After the flour has been heat treated, start putting together your ingredients just like a regular cookie dough.
- Cream together the margarine or butter and both sugars until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the vanilla and milk and mix well.
- Pour in the cooled flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and sprinkles with a spatula.
How to store
Store the cookie in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Edible funfetti cookie dough is also PERFECT for gift giving! I love these little plastic jars with a screwable cap I found on Amazon. This is what I used in the photo!
Edible Funfetti Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp milk of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup* white chocolate chips and colorful sprinkles *heaping
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spread the flour out on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the margarine or butter and both sugars. Add in the vanilla and milk. Mix well.
- Pour in the cooled flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
More delicious snacking recipes
Until next time,
This post contains affiliate links which means if you purchase something off those links, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Just one of the ways I make money from my blog. Thanks for your support!