I made these oven BBQ cranberry meatballs for Purim a few years back because I needed an easy recipe that I could throw together for the meal we were hosting with friends. I figured I'd make a big pot of them and serve a pan along with the appetizer food we were planning on having throughout the day for anyone that came by. We also had franks n' blanks, mini eggrolls, and overnight potato kugel. The meatballs disappeared so fast, I wish I'd made more!
Even the kids gobbled them up, so I knew that I had to share this recipe that I threw together on a whim. with Pesach fast approaching, we are all looking for winner recipes. Either for dinner or for one of the million Yom Tov meals we'll be serving over the next two weeks. I figured I would include a Pesach friendly version as well!
What do I need to make these oven bbq cranberry meatballs?
This is my basic meatball recipe. It works great with any sauce!
- Ground beef
- Breadcrumbs- you can make this recipe for year round using breadcrumbs, or for Pesach using almond flour.
- Parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper
- BBQ sauce- I like to use spicy because the cranberry sauce is sweet.
- Jellied cranberry sauce
How to put it all together
I start by making the meatball mixture in a large bowl. Then I roll them to size, and place into two separate 9x13 pans. The recipe calls for 2lbs of ground beef, so if that's too much for now, the other one can cool and go straight into the freezer! Next, I combine the sauce ingredients and pour half over each pan. Cover and bake for 1 hour, and ta-da!
More main dish ideas:
BBQ Cranberry Meatballs
- 2 lbs ground beef
- ½ cup almond flour or plain breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 14 oz can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 17 oz bottle spicy bbq sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine the ground beef, almond flour, spices, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Form the mixture into balls and divide between two 9x13 pans.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and pour half into each pan.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
Amazingly simple and delicious! Please share if you make this recipe in the comments below or over on Instagram! It always makes my day when you do.