Turns out, I’m baking a lot this winter. I love to keep a dish on the counter full with something or other…my husband isn’t too happy about this. My 4 year old thinks I’m cool though. Especially when I pack one in her lunch box in the compartment with the flap.
One of my weekly grocery staples are bananas. We love to add them to smoothies. At the end of the week, I usually have one or two left, so I save them for baking! These double chocolate banana muffins are by far a winner. We finished a dozen in record timing (I won’t tell you what that is, but they are muffins and they don’t last long to begin with so……)
Regular banana muffins are great too….but when there is an opportunity to add in some chocolate, I’m all for that! Especially with a glass of cold milk!
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Very ripe Bananas
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup Canola oil
- 1 Cup Milk or non-dairy substitute
- 1/2 Cup Bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake liners and set aside.Combine the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside. Mash two bananas in the bowl of a mixer with a fork. Attach the bowl to the mixer and add in the egg, vanilla, oil, and milk. Mix well. Slowly pour in the flour mixture and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.Scoop out the mixture into the prepared liners until they are 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, and then transfer the muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely.
You might want to try hiding in a few in the freezer so you don’t gobble them all up fresh out of the oven. Doesn’t work for me though….
Maybe next time I’ll provide you with a fresh recipe? Or maybe some protein? Maybe. No guarantees.
Until next time…….