Chilly Sunday’s spent watching the game call for a plate of wings!! I took everyone’s favorite football app and turned it into an ultimate bloody mary wing snack board. Hostesses beware, you’r guest will keep coming back for more!
There is something so totally addictive to me about wings. Maybe it’s because they must be eaten with your hands? Sweatpants and bun optional? Or maybe it’s just the actual juicy yet crispiness you get with every bite as you are constantly getting the perfect crunch ratio of skin to luscious meat. Gosh my mouth is literally watering. These wings are coated in a fabulous slightly spicy sauce, that are made with all the goodies you’ll find in a bloody mary.
If you’r lucky enough, you’ve had an epic bloody mary (or 3) in you’r life. Have you ever had one with all those crazy toppings? It’s a thing. I dare you to google it.
Okay, you’r back now. How insane are they?! I wanted to do a fun play on that so I created a board filled with some of those incredible toppings, that are also perfect for snacking alone. Serve it with some beer and you’r good to go!
Cheers to many cozy meals spent with friends and family from the gourmet ones you spend all afternoon cooking, to the finger food that comes in a big bucket. I am a firm believer that there is a time and place for both. Don’t forget the napkins!
- Wings ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp celery salt
- 2 c tomato juice
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Tabasco Sauce (or 1 ½ Tbsp if you like it super spicy)
- ¼ C vodka
- ⅓ c brown sugar
- ½ c pickle juice
- 1 tbsp beet horseradish
- Juice of 1 lime
- Board components:
- 2 packages Aufschnitt beef jerky
- Waffle fries, cooked according to package directions
- Celery sticks
- Pepperoncini peppers
- Limes, sliced into quarters
- Drizzle wings with oil and season with celery salt. Toss to coat. Whisk together the remaining ingredients. Transfer the wings to a ziplock bag and pour in the sauce. Marinate for minimum 1 hour or up to overnight. Preheat oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Remove the wings from the marinade and place on the baking sheet. Pour the remaining marinade into a pot. Bake the wings for 45-50 minutes. While the wings are baking, boil the marinade until it’s reduced by half. Set aside. When the wings are ready, baste them with the remaining sauce and broil for 5 minutes. Serve with ranch dressing and a squeeze of lime.
- Assemble the boards components.