I hope your finding some peace and quiet between all the Purim and Pesach prep. Whatever it may be that gives you a moment to drink it all in and enjoy the moments, minus stress. I found it today, dropping off my daughter at school. The rain was dancing on the roof of my car, the cup of tea in my hand was warm, and the music was soft, Breathe.
Around one month ago, I quit my steady job to become a “freelancer”. To cook healthy meals for my clients, pursue my newfound interest in food photography and styling, and to blog. Every day I wake up with a new project to work on. A new recipe to test, a series of photos to shoot, a new batch of fresh meals to cook up….It’s been the best thing I’ve ever did for myself, and my family.
I feel like every step brings me closer to my goals. Even the missteps.
I had a bunch of ingredients on hand this week that I don’t usually stock up on. I was testing out multiple hamantashen recipes, trying to find the one. Easy but pretty and nothing that’s been done before. We’ve gone through many batches by now. I’m still not satisfied with the results. So today, I put it all away and decided to just relax, put away the self imposed pressure and make something unplanned with the ingredients I had around. It turned into a big batch of gooey oreo rice krispies treats for Shabbos.
I’m pleased I did.
It’s healthy to take that break. Or maybe I’m just convincing myself?
- 4 Tbsp Butter or Margarine
- 1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 2 c coarsely chopped Oreo sandwich cookies
- 6 C Rice Krispies
- Melt the butter in a pot over low heat.
- Add in the mini marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted.
- Pour over the rice krispies treats. Add in 3/4 of the chopped cookies to the mixture.
- Line a square pan with parchment paper and spread the rice krispies treats into the pan with a oiled spatula.
- Top with remaining chopped cookies.
- Let them cool and harden for 30 minutes before cutting into squares.