This turkey jerky trail mix comes with purpose. My husband runs a busy after work schedule. Many nights, you’ll find him training hard at the gym. For the most part, I like to keep his meals healthy with the occasional pizza or burger….gotta live a little you know?! Snacks are basically limited to veggie straws, grapes, beef/turkey jerky and nuts. He needs serious fuel! I created this trail mix in partnership with Aufschnitt meats for the pre or post workout munchies.
We are crazy over their jerky and always have a couple of bags stashed in our car or my diaper bag. You can customize this trail mix recipe and switch it around for other nuts or dried fruits that you fancy.
You can also buy ready smoked nuts, but in case you can’t find them here’s any easy way to make them. This trail mix would also make a great snack while sipping cocktails!
Turkey Jerky Trail Mix
- 1 c almonds
- 1/2 c dried cherries
- 1/3 c dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 c pepitas
- 1/4 c shredded coconut
- 1 package Aufschnitt meats garlic ginger turkey jerky
- 1/2 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1/4 tsp each salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Heat oven to 300F. Mix almonds with liquid smoke and spices. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool. Mix almonds with cherries, chocolate chips, pepitas, shredded coconut and turkey jerky.