Asian Chicken noodle soup bowl, also known as a ramen bowl, is the perfect clean eating winter comfort food. It’s packed with all things good for you. Starting with the bone broth base, which is rich in minerals and collagen. It’s also super good for gut health. Next, you generally add an assortment of veggies, noodles, protein and garnishes. I’m going to list the categories below with suggestions on what you can use in your bowls.
It takes some time prep, but the best part is, you don’t have to have specific ingredients on hand. They just have to fall under these categories:
Bone broth, Chicken broth, or beef broth.
to add a little Asian flair, I like to whisk in either miso or a little bit of soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
Bok choy, spinach, kale, assortment of mushrooms, carrots, red cabbage, Aldapeños, and arugula.
Ramen, soba, udon, rice noodles, black rice noodles, zoodles, or plain ole spaghetti if that’s all you’ve got on hand.
Roasted tofu, sliced beef, sliced chicken breast, shredded chicken breast, eggs or duck.
sesame seeds (black/white) , scallions, microgreens, or toasted nori.
Here’s the step by step of how I build my bowls:
Feel free to customize your bowl with whatever you’d like. I’ve included my recipe for this bowl below. Stay warm kids!!
- 16 oz bone broth
- 1/2 package black rice noodles cooked according to package directions
- 1 baby bok choy, cut in half
- 2 sous vide chicken breasts
- 2 6 minute eggs
- 1/4 c sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- Black and white sesame seeds
- Warm the broth up in a pot.
- Cook book choy and mushrooms in the warm broth for 3-4 minutes, until crisp tender.
- Remove vegetables from the broth.
- Start building your bowl. Pour the warm broth into a large bowl.
- Add in the cooked noodles,
- Place the halved baby book choy on top of the noodles.
- Slice your chicken breasts and add those on top of the noodles.
- Add in your 6 minute egg.
- Garnish with mushrooms, scallions, sesame seeds and microgreens.