This beef winter minestrone soup is like a warm hug after spending the day raking leaves in the cool autumn sun or back to back meetings. It’s a meal in 1 bowl. A concept that I’ve really taken a liking to lately. It’s nice to make dinner 1-2-3 that you know will prove a wholesome meal of veggies, carbs, and protein. Now I can wiggle in to my favorite spot on the couch, with a glass of Cabernet, and watch cooking shows until hubby gets home. Happy cozy Autumn days my friends!
- 1 package Jack's gourmet Italian sweet sausages, sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 parsnip, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz ) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh checked kale
- 1/2 c pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large pot.Add sausages and cook until browned. Remove from the pot, transfer to a bow, and refrigerate.
- Add onions, celery, carrots, and parsnips to the pot (and additional olive oil if necessary) Sweat for 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for 5 minutes, or until fragrant.add diced tomatoes, water or broth, and bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and cook for 25-30 minutes. Toss in kale, pasta,came sausages. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
Recipe as printed in AMI magazine
Photography by Esti Photography