Well….It’s been around 70-80F outside lately. I kinda wish the air would turn a little bit crisper. I’m ready to cozy up with a hot drink in exchange for my Rosé and I already stocked up on canned pumpkin! I know it’ll come soon enough though! Here’s so here’s a really fun recipe with your favorite flavors of autumn. I always bake my own ginger snaps (gets me in the mood!!) but feel free to buy yours. This is the perfect dessert for Sukkos time!
- Gingersnap cookies:
- 2 c flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 c sugar
- 1 ½ sticks margarine or butter
- 1 egg
- ¼ c molasses
- Pumpkin cream cheese “mousse”:
- 1 8oz container pare be Tofutti brand cream cheese (or regular dairy cream cheese)
- 1 ¼ c pumpkin purée
- ¾ c powdered sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Whipped cream
- Start by making the gingersnap cookies, preheat your oven to 350F
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and spices in a bowl and mix.
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the margarine and sugars, until very light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until smooth.
- Add in half of the dry ingredients, molasses and then the remaining dry ingredients.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the surface has cracked and they are firm to the touch.
- Cool and crumble in a large bag.
- Next, make the pumpkin cream by combining the ingredients in a large bowl and mixing well.
- Transfer the pumpkin cream to a pastry bag fitted with the star tip.
- Begin layering your trifle in the following order, gingersnap crumbs, pumpkin cream, and whip.
- Note: it doesn't matter how many layers you make, but try to end off with a dollop of whipped cream and some crushed cookie crumbs for garnish
Recipe pe as appeared in AMI magazine.
Photos by Esti Photography .