Summer days and BBq’s with my family in the park. Every year. It’s one of those childhood memories I will hold onto forever! My mom would always bring her famous potato salad. She would start early in the morning, boiling and chopping so that the potato salad had proper time to chill. There was never any leftovers. I’ve tweaked mom’s recipe and added the crispy potato chips on top for an extra crunch! We smuggled over some Thomy mayo from the UK (unanimous yum!) but you can sub for regular mayo instead.
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes
- 5 sour pickles, diced
- 3 stalks celery, minced
- ¾ tube Thomy mayonnaise (around ¾ c mayo)
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dill for garnish
- Crushed potato chips for garnish
- Rinse potatoes and place in a pot. Fill with water, until just covering the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until a fork slides through a potato with ease (30-40 minutes) Drain.
- Slice the potatoes in half. Transfer to a bowl, mix in the pickles, celery, mayonnaise and spices.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with dill and chips.