Juicy peaches. Barefoot. Blueberry stains on your hands & face. Oh summer! How I wish you would never go! I love the abundant summer fruit. So much that often I forget we’re only three people and we really don’t need that much produce! So I pie’ify it! I added bourbon because always add bourbon when you can. (What’s the question?) Also, this 3-2-1 dough is the perfect base for any pie or galette! Keep it in your back pocket.
Basic Pie dough:
Yields: 2 9″ pie crusts (1 for the bottom & 1 for the top)
3 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
2 sticks of butter or margarine
8-10 tbsp of ice water
1. Combine the flour, salt, sugar, and butter in a blender.
2. Pulse until pea sized pieces form.
3. Slowly drizzle in the ice water & pulse until the dough forms one big ball.
4. Refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough.
6. Transfer to the pie dish.
7. Fill with the filling (recipe below)
8. Top the pie any way you’d like. I prefer the classic lattice top.
9. Bake on 400F for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350F and bake until golden brown, approximately 25 minutes.
10. Serve with ice cream!!
2 large peaches sliced
1 pint of blueberries
3/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
6 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tsp bourbon
Combine the ingredients in a large bowl & mix.